Every machine was humming!
On our 2019 Charity Sew day, we made 80 hot pads and 30 tote bags for Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS), based right here in Madison. Members also made and donated an overflowing box of dish towels
Over 100 hours were logged at the 2018 Charity Sew day. Together, we made 34 aprons for Agrace (our gracious monthly meeting space hosts) and 5 flannel blankets for Porchlight men's shelter. We continue to work on our goal of 40 gowns for Threads of Remembrance.
In 2017, 18 members and guests donated their time over two sewing sessions to make almost 100 pillowcases and 31 tote bags.
Recent MASG service projects
Ideas for charity opportunities on an individual basis
- Bereaved Parents of Madison has a contact looking for dresses to be sewn, ask Claire for more information.
- Quilts of Valor
- Little Dresses for Africa
- Fleece hats for Dean Oncology clinic
- Fleece blankets for Ronald McDonald
- Memory bears and dining vests for Vitas
- Blue Bar Quilts hosts a variety of opportunities each month
- The Sewing Machine Project, The Mending Project
- Project Linus
The national ASG website has a list of additional community service opportunities and ideas.
If you have a recommendation or a need for a community service sewing project, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org