Volunteering is part of our Mission
Community service is a part of the American Sewing Guild mission, and is equally a component of the MASG mission.
We are continually looking for ways in which our sewing skills and resources can benefit the community... and pass on our skills to the next generation!
Recent MASG service projects
2022 Project Linus Quilts
Ideas for charity opportunities on an individual basis
- Bereaved Parents of Madison has a contact looking for dresses to be sewn, ask Claire for more information.
- Quilts of Valor
- Little Dresses for Africa
- Fleece hats for Dean Oncology clinic
- Fleece blankets for Ronald McDonald
- Memory bears and dining vests for Vitas
- Blue Bar Quilts hosts a variety of opportunities each month
- The Sewing Machine Project, The Mending Project
- Project Linus
The national ASG website has a list of additional community service opportunities and ideas.
If you have a recommendation or a need for a community service sewing project, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org